Midwestern Insurance Associates

Easy Central Illinois Home, House and Renter's Insurance

Whether you own or you rent, you want to make sure your home and your valuables (animate and inanimate) are protected. We at Midwestern Insurance Associates feel a moral obligation to our customers to keep our customers and their families safe and away from financial encumbrance.

Homeowner’s Insurance

Homeowner’s Insurance is required with home loans. The basic package covers an extensive list of items that are covered, but there are a few semi-common items that have to be purchased separately, meaning they are completely voluntary.

List of Damages Covered Under a Basic Homeowners Policy

Extension Plans for Alternative Damages

Flood Insurance

This is only mandatory if your property is in a flood zone. It’s honestly pretty cheap though.

Earthquake Insurance

Central Illinois is right on the tail of a Faultline. While “The Big One” has become kind of a mythos, you never know. This coverage is also mere dollars extra. How much do you want to risk it?

Sewer/ Septic Backup and Sump Pump Backup

This one seems to be pushed in the Bloomington-Normal a lot. It could be because the sewer systems are going out in the really old houses. This is the most popular of the extension packs.

Renter’s Insurance

If you have a landlord and/or have signed a lease for an apartment or house you live in, you’re in luck! You are eligible for Renter’s Insurance. Renter’s Insurance is not mandatory, but it is smart. Renter’s Insurance generally covers your possessions, displacement costs, and liability.

Damaged Possessions

In the event of any of the following events occur, and there is damage, loss, or destruction, your possessions are covered (you don’t even have to be in your home to be protected):

Displacement Costs

If damage is so severe that your home is uninhabitable, and you have to relocate, renter’s insurance will typically pay that cost. Eligible costs include, but may not be limited to, hotels bills and food.

Liability Insurance

There’s that L word again. Liability covers injury and property damage if someone else is injured or destroyed. It’s much less costly than legal fees if you were sued (though Liability Insurance does help with those as well).

Let Us Give You a Quote

We want our customers and their families to feel as secure as possible in the event of unforeseen circumstances no matter whether they rent or own. Our agents will work to find the options that are best for the situation and the needs of our customers.

Looking for Insurance?

Contact us for a Free Quote!