Midwestern Insurance Associates

Affordable Central Illinois Auto, Car, RV and Motorcycle Insurance

Auto Insurance is mandatory in the state of Illinois. If you get caught driving without insurance, you can face a $500 penalty. If you get caught multiple times, then you are really good at getting caught, and the fines and penalties increase. If you find yourself in an accident while uninsured, you are looking at multiple tickets, potential lawsuits, hospital bills, etc. This is America where you literally pay for your mistakes. Best practice would be to go ahead and get insurance. Our agents will work with you to find the best and most affordable option for your needs in Central Illinois.  

Additionally, if you get a loan for a car, you MUST have full coverage. So why not get some insurance? We at Midwestern Insurance Associates want you to understand that insurance is worth having, and that we can help you get the best coverage for your individual needs. Here’s what you need to know: 

A few coverage options include:

  • Collision and comprehensive coverage
  • Liability coverage 
  • Road trouble service
  • Additional expense coverage
  • Lease/loan gap coverage

Get your FREE quote!

Get a quick auto quote!

Click Here

Liability Coverage

Liability Coverage is the most basic package, and it’s the minimum State Law requirement. It’s also the most affordable option as long as you are not leasing or financing your automobile (in which case you have to get full coverage)

Bodily Injury Liability

This is part of the least amount of insurance you can have to be in compliance with the law. It basically just makes sure you’re not paying other people’s medical bills out of pocket if you cause an accident, because, honestly, who has that kind of money in their pocket?

Property Damage Liability

Great. Now you (or someone you know) have gone and wrecked somebody’s property too. No worries (or maybe some worries, depending on the accident). Property Damage is part of the State mandated liability insurance along with Bodily Injury Liability.

Uninsured Motorist Bodily Injury

If you are in an accident with another vehicle, and that driver does not have insurance, your required Uninsured Motorist Bodily Injury Coverage will pay for injuries sustained by you (the driver) and your passengers. It will not, alas, cover the damage to your car.

Are you getting anxious thinking about how much you would be paying for if you didn’t have insurance? You can stop here for a rest. And then buckle up (also a state law) because things are going to get crazy.

Full Coverage

Full Coverage is generally what you have to have when you’re leasing or financing a vehicle. This is more to protect the leasing and financing institutions than you, but you also benefit from it, so everyone wins because it’s like a whole mess of coverages. It’s the basic liability package and then some.

Collision Coverage

This covers repairs or replacements for your vehicle in the instance of a wreck. That’s it really.

Comprehensive Coverage

This is the coverage that helps pay to repair your vehicle in damage or disappearance by anything other than another vehicle. So, say your car was stolen, or there was a graffiti frenzy, or Jack pushed over the bean stock again because he’s brat and it fell on your car.


I know I just made full coverage sound too good to be true. I mean, it kind of is, but there is a slight catch. When you pick out full coverage options, you and your agent will decide on the best deductible for you. A deductible is the amount of money you would have to pay out of pocket that isn’t covered by the insurance. So, say you’re in an accident and there is $10,000 worth of damage. You only have to pay $1000 of that. On the other hand, if you are in an accident with $600 of damage, it would be better to pay out of pocket than to make a claim.

Add-On Coverages

Rental Reimbursement Coverage

If you travel a lot or do not have a good public transportation system (like in more rural areas), then it would probably be worth getting rental reimbursement. I know what you’re thinking, Hot Rod, but there is a limit on amount per day and days of coverage. Might want to keep that in mind.

Underinsured Motorist Coverage

This is like Uninsured Motorist Coverage (you had to look at the header again, didn’t you?) except that it will pay the remaining balance for injuries if the other motorist’s insurance cannot cover the full expenses.

Gap Insurance

You’ve heard the term “The car starts depreciating as soon as you drive it off the lot.” Well, that’s not, not true. Luckily, we’ve got an insurance for that. Various situations can result in the car’s value becoming less than the loan that is on the car. So, if you’re in an accident, and the regular policy only pays the value of the car, but you owe more on the car than that amount, Gap insurance will cover the difference. It’s like insurance insurance. Or ensuring that you’re covered.

Get a Quote

Our agents are here to help you and to make sure you get the best coverage with the most affordable payments. We are here to offer protection to auto-owners in the Central Illinois Area, including the Champaign area.

When you think about auto-insurance, don’t limit yourself to cars, trucks, and vans. Our insurance also covers RVs, trailers, and motorcycles. Our insurance agents and brokers will do side-by-side comparisons to make sure you get the best possible coverage.

Contact Us Today. 

Looking for Insurance?

Contact us for a Free Quote!